The key to a happy and fulfilling life is balance.
Have you got a healthy balance in your life or are you:
- Too focused on one area of your life?
- Are all your eggs in one basket?
- Do you find yourself doing one thing and thinking about all the other stuff you’ve got to get done?
- Does a problem in one area impact the rest of it?
If something challenging happens such as:
- A friend letting you down
- Child leaving home
- An argument with your parents
- A run-in with a colleague at work
Are you able to handle it or is it THE END OF THE WORLD! A total DISATSTER! Having you plummet into Lower Self and feel yourself slipping further and further down.
Do you work with anyone who protects themselves, seeing knowledge as power, who always takes the credit and is great at playing the blame game?
Or have you got people in your life who when in a relationship you never see them until it goes wrong? You hear the same story time and time again as they them move on to find the next victim to fill the gap.
Are you a parent who has made your children the centre of your world and feel frustrated or aggrieved that they aren’t what you wanted them to be? After all that you’ve done for them!
There are some people out there who seem to flow through life and take it all in their stride, how do they do it?
Here’s what they don’t do:
- They are not needy, they do not depend on anyone else to make them happy.
- They do not make anything or anyone the centre of their Universe.
- They do not carry over red light emotions from one area to another.
- They do not defend and protect at all costs.
- They do not constantly seek approval from others.
- They do no use negative language as default.
- They do not ignore the good in situations.
- They do not constantly think about other areas of their life when they are supposed to be focused.
- They do not do the same thing and expect different results.
So what do they do?:
- They have strategies to deal with challenges and how to move from Lower Self to Higher Self.
- They commit to each area of their life 100%.
- They practice gratitude on a daily basis.
- They learn from each challenge and adapt their behaviour.
- They know that vulnerability is a strength.
- They respect themselves and others.
- They feel the fear and push through it.
- They want to be the best version of themselves.
- They write their own chapters.
- They trust themselves.
- They have balance in their life.
How do I get some balance?
How can you achieve a balanced life? I’m going to share with you The 9 Box Grid from the best seller, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway© by Dr Susan Jeffers to help you create a healthy happy and balance life:
- Give yourself time to do the exercise.
- Create a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- Get yourself a piece of paper, as large as you like and some coloured pens.
- Draw the 9 box grid.
- Fill in each square with elements of what makes up your life, e.g. family, friends, hobbies, health, personal development, work, relationship etc…
- Take your time to complete, spread it out over days even weeks.
- The middle square should be centred on you ‘Me’. This area is all about you, your self-care, your spirit. This feeds into every other square so is crucial.
- Now you have a picture of your life, how balanced is it?
- Does one element of your life take up more than one square?
- Are there spare boxes? Don’t worry that simple means you have room in your life for even more!
- If there’s something you want in your life that you currently don’t have, if so add it in.
- Go through each square and visualise what you want that area of your life to look and feel like. Add positive words (or pictures) that are connected to it, or that you want to be connected to it. For example, if you have a square for relationship, are the words fun, excitement, quality time in there?
- Rate each section out of 10, how satisfied you currently are with that element of your life right now? Does it match up to your visualisation?
- Congratulate yourself, you now have your 9 Box Grid and are ready to go!
- To start bringing your amazing life into reality create SMART goals. Work on only one area at a time. Start where you want to end up and work back. Ask yourself ‘what do I need to do next month, next week, tomorrow, today to get me there?’
- TAKE ACTION!
I would love to hear how you get on with this exercise.
If you would like to work with me on a one to one basis then please contact me for a chat. If you would rather work in a group setting there is a Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway self-development group and workshops available.
Remember – ‘If you keep doing what you’ve always done you’ll get what you’ve always got.’